Why Visit Your Pharmacy
It’s estimated 50 million visits to the GP are made every year for minor ailments such as coughs and colds, mild eczema and athlete’s foot.
But by visiting your pharmacy instead, you could save yourself time and trouble. Instead of booking and waiting for a GP appointment, you can visit your local pharmacist any time – just walk in.
Minor Ailments & Conditions Your Pharmacy May Help With
- mild skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, impetigo, athlete’s foot
- coughs and colds, including blocked nose (nasal congestion), and sore throats
- bruises, sunburn, and minor burns and scalds
- constipation and piles (haemorrhoids)
- hay fever, dry eyes and allergies (including rashes, bites and stings)
- aches and pains, including earache, headache, migraine, back pain and toothache
- vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, diarrhoea and threadworms
- period pain, thrush and cystitis
- head lice (nits)
- conjunctivitis, cold sores and mouth ulcers
- warts and verrucas
- nappy rash and teething
The quickest and easiest way to get advice and treatment from your local community pharmacist for patients who do not pay NHS prescription charges.