If you are registered for online services you can book an appointment online by visiting our Consulting Room. If you have not yet registered for online services please complete the registration form, once registered you will be able to use the service to make an appointment, cancel an appointment, review your medication, order repeat medication and change your contact detail.
Kindly note online booking is for consultation only. No procedures such as minor operations, joint injections, implants etc.
Please contact the reception if you wish to discuss a possible procedure requirement.
To book an appointment over the phone please call the practice on 01283 227870 during opening hours.
To make an appointment in person please visit reception during opening hours.
On Arrival for your Appointment
On arrival patients must ‘book In’ either at the automated arrivals screen located in the reception area. You can also report to the reception window and let the receptionist know you have arrived.
Failure to book in will mean that the clinician will not know that you have arrived for your appointment.
- We aim to see patients as soon as possible
- Bookable in advance
- You can ask for your clinician of choice
- You can choose the best time available to suit your routine
Telephone advice may include queries about a prescription, a test result, a hospital appointment, a referral, a form that needs to be completed or advice about a minor ailment:
- You don’t need to come to the surgery
- You can speak to a clinician or pharmacist the day you ring
- It saves the clinician time for more serious problems
- The best type of appointment if you just need advice
- If you have a mobile the clinician can reach you wherever you are
- If you don’t have a mobile you need to wait in for your call back
If you only need advice from the clinician you can book a telephone consultation by calling the Surgery on 01283 227870. The clinician will call you back and discuss your problem at an allotted time. Please make sure you give the correct phone number to the receptionist.
Urgent (Same Day) Appointments
- Any patient with a genuine urgent problem will be seen on the day
- You may not see the clinician of your choice
- In order for the clinician to prioritise emergencies, you will be asked for brief details by the receptionist
- There are no pre-bookable slots for these appointments
- Only the acute problem will be dealt with at the time of the appointment
Routine appointments are 10 minutes long and the clinicians will try to see you as near to your appointment time as possible – some delay is inevitable given the variety of patient problems that may be seen during a surgery. Patients with multiple or complex problems may be asked to attend a further appointment in order to deal with their problem(s) fully.
Before booking an appointment with a clinician please consider whether an appointment with one of our nursing team might be appropriate.
We will always endeavour to let you book an appointment with the clinician of your choice at a time that suits you best. This is obviously not always possible especially at times of high demand (usually around the holiday periods) and when clinicians are on holiday. We are constantly reviewing the appointment system to offer a range of availability.
Children under 16 years old should be accompanied by an adult. If more than one member of your family wants to see the clinician, please make a separate appointment for each of them.
Free Text Reminders
This service reminds you of an appointment via a text message. All registered patients are automatically opted into the service.
Please ensure if you wish to use this service we have your correct mobile telephone number and inform us as soon as possible if your number changes.
If you do not wish to subscribe please contact the surgery and inform reception that you wish to opt out.
Cancelling an Appointment
If you are unable to attend for your appointment please tell us in good time so that we are able to offer another patient the use of that appointment.
You can use one of the following methods:
- You can cancel an appointment online
- By telephone please call on 01283 227870, select option 1 and leave a message
- You can cancel an appointment by letting the receptionist know in person
We can offer your appointment to someone else and therefore help to reduce waiting times.